Time: 1 hour
- Boneless chicken breasts pan-seared 2
- Dough of pizza as required
- Butter 4 tablespoons
- Refined flour (maida) 2 tablespoons + for dusting
- Milk 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Paprika ½ teaspoon
- Processed cheese grated 3 tablespoons
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing and drizzling
- Garlic chopped 2 tablespoons
- Yellow bell pepper ½ large
- Red bell pepper ½ large
- Mozzarella cheese 3 tablespoons + ½ cup
- Basil leaves 4-5
- Preheat oven at 220ºC.
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan. Add flour, mix and sauté for half a minute.
- Add milk and stir continuously till smooth. Reduce heat, add salt, 1 teaspoon chilli flakes and crushed peppercorns and mix well.
- Add paprika, processed cheese, mix well and simmer till the sauce thickens.
- Dust the worktop with some flour. Roll out the dough into a thin large pizza base. Dust a baking tray with some flour, put the base on it and prick it all over with a fork,
- Brush the base with some olive oil. Top with garlic and bake in preheated oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Deseed yellow and red bell pepper and cut into thick strips. Cut chicken into thick strips.
- Spread prepared sauce on the pizza base evenly. Top with ½ cup mozzarella cheese, bell pepper strips and chicken strips. Sprinkle remaining chilli flakes, crushed peppercorns and torn basil leaves. Drizzle some olive oil, top with 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese and bake in the preheated oven till the cheese melts.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot.