Soft and cheesy on the inside, these crispy fried potato croquettes are a perfect weekend appetizer.
Time: 40 minutes
- Parmesan cheese powder 2 tablespoons
- Potatoes peeled 4 medium
- Salt to taste
- Fresh parsley 3-4 tablespoons
- Red chilli flakes 1 teaspoon
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Bread crumbs ¾ cup
- Oil to deep fry
- Heat sufficient water in a deep non-stick pan. Add salt.
- Cut potatoes into cubes and add to the pan. Cover and cook till all the moisture is absorbed. Mash with a masher and transfer into a parat. Cool to room temperature.
- Add parsley, chilli flakes, crushed peppercorns, salt and Parmesan cheese powder and mix well. Add breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Divide the potato mixture into equal portions and shape them into cylinders or croquettes.
- Deep-fry croquettes in hot oil till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.