Cook Time: 20 minutes + Chilling Time
Broccoli, celery, carrots and bell peppers tossed together and drizzled with a french dressing in this refreshing salad.
1 sweet red bell pepper
1 medium carrot
2 large broccoli florets, with stalk
4 celery sticks
French dressing (without oil) makes 3 Tbsp:
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 Tbsp salt
- 1/4 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 Tbsp mild mustard
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- De-seed the pepper and cut into 1 cm squares. Peel and grate the carrot.
- Slice across the broccoli stems so you get chopped tops and thinly-sliced stalks. Peel the outer layers and chop the celery finely.
- Mix all together, add your favourite French Dressing and mix again.
- Leave in the fridge for about ½ an hour before serving on a bed of finely-shredded lettuce.
- For french dressing:
- Put it all in a screw-top jar and shake well.
- Keep it in the fridge and shake before serving.