A crispy snack that you can enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or tea, Namak Para is extremely tasty and easy-to-make!
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon spice black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 cup refined oil
- Sieve the flour well. Add salt, pepper powder and asafoetida powder. You can also add onion seeds and ajwain
- if you like their taste.
- Now add a little water and knead well. It should be tighter than a chapati dough. Add ghee and knead again.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll them into medium sized chapatis. Cut the chapatis into small diamond
- shapes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame. Fry the diamond cuts till golden.
- Remove and drain excess oil. Serve as a snack or add them to mixture.