Bhang Thandai is India’s very own desi cocktail, made with cannabis and aromatic Indian spices and herbs, it is a delectable drink with ‘no social stigma attached’!
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 litre milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 tablespoon bhang seed powder
- 1/4 cup dry rose petals
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon aniseed
- 11 peppercorns
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 tablespoon melon seeds
- This interesting Indian cocktail can be prepared in a few minutes, if all the ingredients are in place. Soak
- aniseeds, almonds, watermelon seeds, bhang and rose petals in 2 cups of water and grind to make a smooth
- paste. To make it more creamy keep some almonds aside and make a separate paste add it later as per your
- taste preference.
- Boil the milk and keep aside. Pour water into the paste and strain using a piece of muslin.In the strained liquid,
- add sugar, peppercorns, powdered cardamom and saffron and mix well.Add milk to the mixture, and serve
- chilled. To make this drink even more creamy add some fresh cream(malai) to this.
- Garnish it with some roasted and sliced almonds and pistachios and not to forget rose petals to make it more
- aromatic. Serve chilled and indulge in the heavenly taste of this recipe.