This incredibly easy pasta salad recipe will get you hooked. Tip in some fresh herbs like parsley and basil for some added flavour, or a dollop of cream for some indulgence.
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 6-7 babycorns, diced into big chunks
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups penne, multi-flavoured (spinach, beetroot)
- ¼ cup Parmesan shavings
- Blanch the broccoli in a pan of hot water for 7-8 minutes, and drain well.
- Boil the penne until al dante. Run under cold water and drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add the babycorn and saute until slightly brown.
- Add the broccoli and toss well for 1-2 minutes. Add seasoning and remove from the flame.
- Toss in the pasta, and finish with a shaving of Parmesan on top