Have you ever wondered that how yam would taste when it will be induced in form of chutney?
Time: 30 minutes
- 300 gm yam
- 3 green chillies
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- salt as required
- 5 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 lime
- 3 cup water
- To start with, take yam and wash it properly to wash off all the grainy matter. Now, put them in pressure cooker
- and cook for 3 whistles with water.
- When done, remove the yams from cooker and transfer them to a bowl. Mash them and add chopped green
- chillies, grated ginger, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well until they are blended together.
- Meanwhile, grind the mustard seeds to a fine powder. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add the freshly grinded
- mustard seeds powder and cook for a few seconds.
- Then, add yam mixture and squeeze limes. Mix it well and season with salt according to your taste. Cook for a
- while. When done, remove from flame and transfer to a bowl.
- You can serve it with saag and chapatti or you can store it in a refrigerator.