Wholewheat Malpua is a traditional Rajasthani recipe which is prepared with wholemeal flour, fennel seeds, sugar, ghee and peppercorns.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/4 teaspoon peppercorns
- 150 ml water
- To start with, grind peppercorns into a fine powder. In a deep shallow pan, mix 1/2 cup water, sugar and cook
- for 3 minutes. Pour the mixture into a bowl and keep aside allowing it to cool.
- Meanwhile, over medium flame, place a wide pan and heat ghee in it. Now mix flour, fennel seeds, powdered
- peppercorn, 40 ml of water in the liquid mixture.
- Add one ladleful of batter in the ghee and fry until golden. Once the malpua is cooked transfer it to a plate and
- similarly prepared other 7 malpuas.