Whole-Wheat Flour Malpua with Rabri is a delicious North Indian recipe which can be prepared using whole wheat flour, milk, fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks and honey.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 5 cup low fat milk
- 1 1/4 gm saffron
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 ml rose water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar free pellets
- 1/4 teaspoon green cardamom
- 1/4 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- For Garnishing
- 12 gm pistachios
- 1 silver vark
- 12 gm almonds
- 3 teaspoon dry rose petals
- To prepare rabri, take a heavy bottomed pan and add milk in it. Place it on a medium flame and let it boil for a
- while. Now, add sugar free pellets and cardamom powder and let it simmer over low flame. A layer of cream
- will be formed on the surface. Push the layer towards the centre with the help of a wooden spatula.
- Meanwhile, broil the saffron strands and add them to the milk. Repeat the process till 1/3 rd of the volume of
- milk is left. Once the colour changes to off white, the cream will collect in layers. Chop the pistachios and
- almonds in small pieces and garnish the thick cream layers. Remove from the flame and let it cool for a while.
- To prepare the malpuas, take one cup water and add honey in it. After this, add cinnamon stick, saffron and
- rose water. Place it on a medium flame and reduce it. Remove the cinnamon stick, once the water is reduced.
- Pour this in a glass bowl and let it cool completely. Take a pan, add fennel seeds in it and dry roast it. Add
- lightly roasted fennel seeds, crushed pepper corns, whole wheat flour and half cup water. Whisk the mixture
- properly to attain a smooth batter.
- In a hard anodized non-stick pan, pour a ladleful of this batter and cook on both the sides. Use a wooden
- spatula to turn the malpuas so that they are cooked evenly on both the sides. Garnish the malpuas with silver
- wark, chopped pistachios and almonds and serve along with rabri.