Cakes have a universal appeal. One does not need a reason to gorge on cake, especially if you have a sweet tooth.
Time: 60 minutes
- 5 chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 3 black dates
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cashews
- 1/2 cup khoya
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- To begin with, soak the cashews into water and grind them into paste. Chop the dates and walnuts finely.
- Take a pan and start heating the ghee. Add dates, gram flour, cashew paste, khoya, cocoa powder and walnuts
- to it. Mix it well.
- Next, add 5 cups of water, sugar to the pan. Keep stirring the mix on low flame. Remove the mixture from flame
- and pour it on a greased plate.
- Bake the cake at 180 Celsius for 40 mins. Once baked, take out the serving tray and serve warm.