The ideal sinful breakfast recipe, this can be an all time favourite. Have it as a dessert or enjoy it for breakfast, this waffle cake will satisfy your taste buds.
Time: 30 minutes
- For Waffle
- 2 cups of refined flour Refined flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 Tbsp of sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups of buttermilk
- 2 eggs separated
- 4 Tbsp of butter
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extracts
- Cooking spray for waffle iron
- For Maple Nut Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 1 cup of whipped cream
- 4 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp of walnuts
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda.Mix together the buttermilk (or buttermilk substitute) and the egg
- Stir in vanilla. Spray the waffle iron well and preheat it. Stir the wet into the dry ingredients.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl with a whisk or electric mixer (make sure bowl and mixer are spotlessly
- clean) until they hold soft peaks.
- Stir them gently into the batter. Spread a ladleful or so of batter onto the waffle iron and bake until the waffle is
- done, usually 3 to 5 minutes, depending on your iron. Spray iron with cooking spray between waffles as
- To make Maple Cream Cheese spread, simply combine nuts, syrup, whipped cream and cream cheese and mix
- Now put the icing and waffle layer alternatively to form a cake and cover the sides with icing.
- Leave the top without icing and top it up with maple syrup.