An authentic, simple and delicious dish from the north east region of India, Veg Momos
Time: 40 minutes
- For Dough:
- 2 cups maida
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- For Filling:
- 1 cup carrots – grated
- 1 cup cabbage – grated
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion – finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic – chopped
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix the maida, salt and baking powder and knead to a stiff dough with water.
- Heat oil and add the onion and garlic.
- Saute over high heat and add the carrot and cabbage. Turn around over high heat till glossy.
- Take it off the heat and mix in the Soya sauce, salt, vinegar and black pepper.
- Roll the dough thin (translucent) and cut into 4″-5″ rounds.
- Take a round, wet edges and place some filling in the center.
- Bring edges together to cover the filling. Twist to seal and fill the rest in the same way.
- Steam for about 10 minutes and serve with soya sauce and chilli sauce.