To find the way to a man’s heart try making this classic creamy French dish combine to make a deliciously addictive experience called Potato Au Gratin. Its a great side dish with a roast pork loin or beef tenderloin. To add more magic, add a green salad and French bread.
Ingredients for Potato Au Gratin
- Potatoes cut into small cubes and boiled 2 medium
- 1 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
- Potatoes cut into round slices and parboiled 3-4
- Paprika powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Nutmeg powder a pinch
- Fresh cream 1 tablespoon
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Onions sliced 2 medium
- Crushed black peppercorns 1/2 teaspoon
- Chives a few
- Processed cheese grated 1 cup
- Parsley for garnishing
- Preheat oven at 180ºC.
- Mash boiled potato cubes in a non-stick pan itself and switch on the heat.
- Add two tablespoons cheese, paprika powder, salt and nutmeg powder and mix well. Add cream and mix.
- Put this mixture in a baking dish and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Heat oil in another non-stick pan, add onions, salt, crushed peppercorns and sauté till onions are translucent.
- Put remaining butter in a bowl and melt in a microwave.
- Chop chives and add it to onion mixture and mix. Put this mixture over the potatoes and spread evenly.
- Arrange parboiled potato slices over the onions to cover it completely.
- Drizzle melted butter over potatoes, add spread cheese over and press lighty.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and gratinate for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with parsley.