Tomato Salsa Dip is a quick side dish recipe that goes along with tortilla chips, tacos/nachos, noodles and even Mexican bean rice.
Time: 30 minutes
- 4 tomato
- 2 green chilli
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 onion
- 5 sprigs coriander leaves
- 1 pinch salt
- Firstly, char the onion on the gas flame. Turn it around on the flame till all of its skin is blistered and black (but
- not burnt). Remove it from the gas flame and let it cool for 10-15 minutes. Then peel it. This process gives a
- lovely smokey flavour to the side dish.
- Finely chop the onions, tomatoes and coriander leaves. Mix the onions, tomatoes, chillies and coriander
- together. Mash them slightly to make a semi-paste. Add lemon, salt and black pepper to taste. Let the salsa rest
- for 10 minutes before serving.
- This dip recipe can add magic to any boring dish. Just prepare this dip and pair it with nachos.