Thai Fish Cakes are a common street food in Thailand, and are very flavorful compared to most Western fish cake recipes.Served them with or without rice, and accompany with Thai sweet chili sauce, chopped cucumber, fresh coriander, and a squeeze of lime juice. Simply delicious!
Time: 20 minutes
- Fish fillets cut into small pieces 2
- Thai red curry paste 2 tablespoons
- Crushed black peppercorns 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 1 tablespoon
- Fresh red chillies Thai 3-4
- Fish sauce 2 teaspoons
- Egg 1
- Spring onions with greens chopped 2
- Cornflour/ corn starch 2 tablespoons
- Oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Put fish pieces in a bowl, add red curry paste, crushed black peppercorns, salt, coriander leaves, roughly chopped Thai red chillies. Mix lightly, add fish sauce and mix again.
- Break egg into another bowl, beat it lightly and add it to the fish mixture.
- Put the mixture into a blender jar and grind to a fine paste. Transfer the paste into a bowl, add spring onions and mix well with your hands. Add cornflour and mix again.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.Grease your hands with some oil, divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into medium sized patties.
- Put the patties on the pan and cook till the underside is done and golden. Flip and cook the other side similarly.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Arrange the cakes on a serving plate and servehot garnished with coriander leaves and a sauce of your choice