For someone, who loves gorging on South Indian dishes then you must try this dosa.
Time: 40 minutes
- 4 teaspoon butter
- 4 tablespoon urad dal
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup idli rice
- 100 gm pressed rice
- 2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- To prepare this dosa recipe, wash and soak urad dal, idli rice and fenugreek seeds in a large bowl for about 4-5
- hours. After soaking, strain the ingredients well in another bowl. Wash once and remove the extra water.
- In a grinder, add the soaked ingredients with 3/4 cup of the water in which the ingredients were soaked and
- grind into a smooth batter. Transfer the batter in a bowl and add salt as per your taste along with baking soda
- and mix well.
- Allow the batter to ferment for 8-9 hours overnight. If the batter has risen up and has a thick texture, add water
- in the morning so that the batter is fine enough to make the dosa.
- Next, heat a dosa tawa over high flame and spread some butter throughout. Now, take a tablespoon of the
- dosa batter and start circling it in the tawa.
- When the dosa appears to be crisp and golden brown in colour from the sides, toss it to the other side and
- wait till it turns golden brown. Turn off the flame and serve it hot with your favourite chutney.