They look like brownies, but they’re not sweet! Here’s a wonderful way to have spinach.
Time: 50 minutes
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Place spinach in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and
- cook until spinach is limp, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder. Stir in eggs, milk and butter. Mix in spinach, onion and
- mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until a
- toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool before serving.