Buttery, herby toast with a crispy Parmesan crust is what garlic bread aspires to be.
Time: 30 minutes
- 4 thick slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter for the pan
- In a dish, combine eggs, half and half, garlic powder, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Soak the bread slices in the mixture for about 1-2 minutes.
- Heat a skillet on medium and melt some butter. Fry the toasts until golden brown on both sides. Set aside to
- sprinkle parmesan directly on the pan. Place the toasts on top off the cheese. Once browned remove from pan.
- Serve with more parsley and parmesan on top.