Sabudana Tikki is a delicious as well as crispy delicacy, which can be prepared without putting in much efforts.
Time: 40 minutes
- 250 gm soaked sago
- 1 boiled potato
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 cup refined oil
- 2 large chopped green chilli
- sendha namak as required
- 1/4 cup crushed roasted peanuts
- To make this scrumptious Navratri special recipe, soak sago (sabudana) in water for around 2 to 3 hours. When
- the sago has turned a little fluffy, drain the excess water and transfer the sago in a bowl.
- Now to prepare the tikki mixture, take a big bowl and add the boiled potatoes in it. Mash them completely
- using your hands. Now add crushed roasted peanuts, chopped green chillies, coriander leaves, red chilli
- powder and sendha namak along with the drained sago.
- Make small tikkis of this potato and sago mixture. The tikkis should not be soggy. Now take a pan and add oil
- in it. Heat it over moderate flame. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, carefully place the sago-potato tikkis in it and
- deep fry till they turn crispy and brown in colour.
- Serve these hot and crispy tikkis with peanut chutney and beaten curd. You can also enjoy this delicious snack
- recipe with hot piping cup of tea or coffee. These Sabudana Tikkis are perfect for Navratri fasts.