Poha chivda recipe. No deep fry version of delicious chivda snack made with rice flakes, cashews and more. Popular crunchy snack during Diwali,Roasted Poha Chivda
- 1 cup thin rice flakes/ poha/ aval
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 2 tablespoons fried gram
- 2 tablespoon raisins
- 3-4 very finely chopped green chilies
- 15 curry leaves
- 3-4 teaspoons oil
- Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a wide pan. Once the oil is hot lower the flame. Add ¼ cup poha at a time and saute well until it crisps up nicely. Saute without gap in low flame.
- remove to a plate. Fry the remaining ¾ cup poha in the similar way.
- In the same kadai add 1 more teaspoon of oil if needed. Fry cashews, fried gram, peanuts, raisins and curry leaves one by one. Fry in low flame until the color changes
- slightly. Remove to a plate.
- In the same oil add required chili powder, salt and fry well. Add to the poha cashew mixture. Toss very well so that salt gets equally distributed. Cool thoroughly before
- storing. Serve poha chivda along with coffee