Rava Uttapam is a delectable South Indian recipe that can be eaten anytime, and is absolutely mouth-watering.
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup semolina
- 2 small onion
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- salt as required
- refined oil as required
- 2 small tomato
- 1 cup water
- 6 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 green chillies
- To start with, take a deep bowl and combine the semolina and water. Mix them into a smooth batter and keep it
- aside for at least 40 minutes. Once done, stir and mix the batter again and then add salt, baking soda and
- lemon juice. Mix the batter well and ensure no lumps are formed in the batter.
- Now, heat oil in a non-stick pan and pour a small portion of batter on it. Spread the portion in an concentric
- circle and then add thinly sliced onions, thinly sliced tomato and sliced green chillies on the the uttapam batter
- (ensure that onions, tomatoes and green chillies stick to the batter).
- Now, drizzle some oil on the batter and also on the sides of the pan. Cook the uttapam till it is brown from the
- surface and then flip it to cook the other side as well. Cook it till the onions are brown and then transfer it to
- the plate. Serve it warm with your favourite chutney.