Rabri Kheer is a lip-smacking and delicious sweet dish recipe which is prepared using ready-made rabri, rice, milk, sugar, nuts and raisins.
Time: 50 minutes
- 250 gm readymade rabri
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 10 cashews
- water as required
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom
- 10 almonds
- 1 litre milk
- Firstly, put cardamoms in a grinder and grind them to make a fine powder. On the other hand, rinse the rice
- thoroughly and soak them in water for half an hour. After half an hour, drain out the extra water and then
- coarsely grind the rice using a grinder.
- Next, add milk in a deep-bottomed vessel and place it on low flame. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for a 2-3
- minutes. When the milk starts simmering, add coarsely grind rice and stir well. Now stir the milk at an interval
- of every 1-2 minutes and keep the flame to medium.
- Now, place cashews and almonds over a chopping board and finely chop them. When the rice are cooked, add
- milk into the pan and stir continuously to mix all the ingredients well. Then, add half quantity of chopped
- cashews, almonds into the mixture. Now, add raisins into the pan and stir well.
- When rice and dry fruits get tender and the kheer gets dense, turn off the flame. Now, mix sugar into the pan
- and add cardamom powder. Now cover the pan with a lid. Keep the pan aside for 2-3 minutes until sugar
- dissolves completely. Open the lid and stir the kheer well. Now, allow the kheer to cool down and then add
- rabri to it.
- Rabri kheer is ready. Transfer the kheer into a bowl and garnish with finely chopped cashews and almonds.