Kebabs made from chicken, chana dal and a range of masalas, fried crisp.
Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup chana dal
- 500 gm chicken thigh cubes, boneless
- 2 Tbsp salt, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp red chilli, crushed
- 7 pieces dry red chilli, whole
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander, whole
- 7 cloves (laung)
- 10 black pepper, whole
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves, chopped
- 6 green chillies, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- 10 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Oil for pan frying
- Boil the chana dal along with the chicken thigh cubes and spices. Let the chicken cook.
- Strain and keep aside to cool.
- Then add 3 eggs, chopped coriander, mint, green chillies, ginger and garlic. Mix well and mince.
- Make round shape kebabs of the mixture. Coat the kebabs in the remaining eggs slightly, and pan fry them in
- One can serve this with mint chutney and tamarind chutney.