A popular Asian starter, satay is a variation of the Indian kebab and is generally made of beef, lamb or chicken meat.
Time: 40 minutes
- 4 chopped into cubes chicken legs
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 finely chopped,peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoon water
- For Marination
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 6 peeled shallots (small onions)
- 4 tablespoon refined oil
- 2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoon lemongrass
- 2 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 4 teaspoon sweet soy sauce
- Cut the chicken thigh into small cubes.
- Grind all the ingredients to make spice paste in a food processor. Add in a little water if needed.
- Marinate the chopped chicken pieces with the spice paste for about 10-12 hours.
- Thread the meat onto the bamboo skewers and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with the fresh cucumber pieces and onions.