I don’t know about you, but ever since watching shows like Top Chef and Hell’s Kitchen, I’ve been intimidated to try my hand at making risotto. It sounds pretty labor intensive and time consuming.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic (chopped)
3 types of mushroom (button mushroom, shiitake & wild)
- 1 tsp thyme (chopped)
- 1 tsp parsley (chopped)
- Bring 2 cups salted water to boil and add 1 cup quinoa, reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet & add 2 tablespoon chopped onion and sauté until soft and pink. Add 1 teaspoon chopped garlic & cook.
- Process 3 types of mushroom (button mushroom, shiitake & wild) and cut into small dices. Add the mushrooms and saute till cooked.
- Add 1 teaspoon chopped thyme and the cooked quinoa and mix well.
- Season with salt and crushed black pepper to taste.
- Add 1 teaspoon chopped parsley and mix all together. Serve piping hot.