Looking for a quick and easy dish for breakfast or to curb those evening cravings? Try this Quinoa Pancake recipe, which is completely healthy and a dish that even you kids will love to eat!
Time: 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 pinches powdered black pepper
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 egg whites
- 4 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- To prepare this easy recipe, put a pan on medium flame and boil water in it. After a boil, add quinoa and cover
- with a lid. Let quinoa boil for a 7-8 minutes, then remove the lid and let the water evaporate. Then, add minced
- garlic cloves and salt in the pan. Cook for some more time, then keep aside in a medium sized bowl.
- Take a bowl and mix together egg white, grated cheddar cheese, chopped basil leaves, black pepper powder
- and salt. Whisk well using a spatula (you can also use an electric beater for whisking).
- Put a non-stick pan on medium flame and add a teaspoon of olive oil to it. With the help of a ladle, spread the
- mixture onto the pan in the shape of a round flattened pancake. Let the pancake cook till the colour changes
- to golden brown and then flip over to cook the other side. Smear a little oil on it and cook the other side as
- well. Once cooked, take the pancake off the pan and serve hot.