Cutlets made with prawns and indian spices, coated with a brinjal mix and shallow fried.
- For the coating:
- 1 Brinjal
- 1 Potato
- For the masala:
- 10-12 cinnamon
- 10-12 peppercorns
- 5-6 bay leaves
- 1 cup grated coconut
- For the prawn filling:
- 1 cup cleaned prawns
- 2 big onions
- 2-3 Tbsp ginger-garlic-green chillies-coriander leaves-pudina paste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp jeera powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Some rice flour to coat
- For the brinjal outer coating: Apply little oil over the full brinjal and roast it on the tawa (like how you make bharta).
- Boil one big potato. Grate it.
- Peel the brinjal skin and mix the brinjal and grated potato.
- Add coriander leaves and salt to taste.
For the masala: In a pan, take some oil. Add cinnamon, peppercorns, bay leaves, cloves (ie. garam masala) and dried red chillies.
- Add long cut onions.
- Add grated coconut.
- Fry all the ingredients well.
- Grind this into a course paste. Avoid adding much water. Keep it dry.
For the prawns filling: In a pan, take some oil.
- Add finely chopped onions. Make it golden brown.
- Add (ginger-garlic-green chillies-pudina-coriander leaves) paste – 2-3 Tbsp.
- Add jeera and coriander powder.
- Add the fresh prawns.
- Add the masala you made above, salt to taste and coriander leaves.
- Once this mixture has cooled down make small balls.
- For the cutlets: To prepare the cutlet coat the prawns balls with the brinjal mixture and make the cutlets.
- Coat it with rice flour and shallow fry it.