Penne Pasta with Spicy Tomato Sauce is an Italian recipe. The main ingredients used to prepare this delightful dish are penne pasta, low fat mozzarella cheese, tomato, onion and other common sauces and spices.
Time: 35 minutes
- 400 gm pasta penne
- salt as required
- 2 medium tomato
- 2 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 50 gm low fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon green chilli sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 leaf basil
- water as required
- Heat water in a pan on high flame. Add pasta, oil and salt to it and cook for 15 minutes or till the pasta turns
- soft. Turn off the heat and drain excess water from the pasta. Wash the boiled pasta with cold water and toss
- with little olive oil.
- Meanwhile, chop onions and tomatoes. Grate the cheese. Keep all of them in separate bowls.
- To prepare Spicy Tomato Sauce: Heat olive oil in another pan. Saute chopped onion for 2 minutes till it turns
- transparent in color. Add roughly chopped tomatoes and saute until completely cooked. Then add green chili
- sauce, tomato sauce and all the spices. Mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled pasta to the sauce. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes. Penne Pasta with Spicy Tomato Sauce is
- now ready. Garnish with grated cheese and basil leaves. Serve hot.