Paneer Butter Masala is a rich and delicious North Indian recipe made with aromatic spices, cream and butter.
Time: 50 minutes
- 300 gm paneer
- 5 medium chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon powdered coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 4 medium finely chopped green chilli
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 4 pinches salt
- 1 1/2 cup shelled,boiled peas
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon powdered cumin seeds
- 5 tablespoon refined oil
- For Garnishing
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- Clean and wash ginger, tomato and tamarind extract. Transfer all of them along with green chillies to a blender
- to prepare the puree. Puree these ingredients and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Heat a pan with oil in it over moderate flame. Fry the paneer pieces in this pan with a pinch of salt and
- turmeric powder.
- Heat another pan with oil in it over moderate flame. Pour the prepared tomato puree into the pan and cook for
- a minute or two. Once the oil starts to separate from the puree, add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red
- chilli powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder. Stir-fry the gravy until the oil is completely separated
- from the mixture.
- Reduce flame to low and cook for few minutes. Once it starts to simmer, add paneer pieces and pour 2 cups of
- water. Add green peas and cover the pan with a lid. Simmer for a few minutes and remove from flame.
- Turn off the heat and transfer Paneer Butter Masala into a serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves and
- butter. Serve hot with roti, naan, rumali roti or rice.