Palak Gosht is a delectable north Indian recipe which is made with mutton and spinach along with a melange of Indian spices and curd.
Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1/2 kilograms mutton
- salt as required
- 3 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 100 gm yoghurt (curd)
- 3 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 kilograms spinach
- 2 medium onion
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 2 teaspoon garlic paste
- water as required
- To begin with, take spinach, mutton and wash them separately. Next, take spinach, chop it finely and keep it
- aside. Also, take onions and slice them. Then, place a deep-bottomed pan on medium flame. Pour ghee, once
- heated enough, add garlic and onion slices and fry until the onion turns translucent.
- Once done, add washed mutton along with curd, turmeric, red chili powder and salt according to taste. Pour
- half cup of water and turn the flame to medium flame. Let it simmer for about 25-30 minutes or until the
- mutton is well cooked.
- Once tender, add spinach and cook thoroughly. Do not add any water and wait for the spinach to leave some
- of its own. Turn the flame to medium high and cook. Once you see no water and only ghee, transfer the dish to
- a serving bowl. Serve along with rotis or parathas.