If you are a seafood lover, then you must try this super-delicious One-Pot Spanish Rice and Prawns recipe.
Time: 25 minutes
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 sliced capsicum ( green pepper)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 250 gm basmati rice
- 200 gm defrosted,peeled prawns
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 50 gm chorizo
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 400 gm chopped tomato
- 500 ml boiling water
- Next, heat oil in a shallow non-stick pan over high flame. When the oil is hot enough, add chopped garlic in it.
- Saute for a few seconds and then add onions and bell peppers in it along with chorizo and a pinch of turmeric.
- Let them fry for 2-3 minutes. When chorizo is done, add in the washed rice along with chopped tomatoes.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes till the rice are well coated. Then, add boiling water in the pan and cover with a lid. Let the
- ingredients cook over high heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Uncover after 10 minutes then stir well using a large spoon. Once the rice are tender, add prawns in the pan. If
- the rice appears to be dry, splash a little more water in it and cook for another minute until the prawns are just
- brown. Turn off the burner once done, garnish with your choice of ingredients and serve hot!