Paneer Biryani Recipe is a delicious version of the biryani that is cooked in an aromatic mixture of spices along with rice making it super delicious.
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 250 grams paneer, cut into cubed
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 5 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 inch piece of ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3 cloves
- an inch piece of cinnamon
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper corns
- a small bunch of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
- To begin making the Paneer Biryani Recipe, prepare all the ingredients and keep them ready for cooking.
- Wash and rinse the rice in water and keep aside.Using a mixer grinder, make a paste of the garlic, ginger and green chilies and keep aside.
- Make a powder of the spices – cloves, cardamom, pepper and cinnamon and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in the pressure cooker over medium heat; add the onion and saute until it gets a good caramel color. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes
- away. Add the tomatoes and keep stirring in the ghee (add more if too dry) and cook until it becomes soft.
- Once the tomatoes are soft, add the bay leaves, turmeric powder, chili powder and the spice powders. Stir well for a few minutes until you can smell the aromas coming
- through. Add the chopped mint leaves and the rinsed rice.
- Add 3 cups of water, paneer and salt to taste and cover the cooker. Allow the cooker to get one whistle and then turn the heat to low. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes on low heat
- and turn off the heat.
- Allow the pressure cooker to release its heat gradually, as the rice will continue to get cooked in the cooker.
- Once the pressure is released, open the cooker, wait for a few minutes and then stir to combine the rice and masalas and the Paneer Biryani is ready.
- Serve the Paneer Biryani along with a favorite Mooli Raita and Bagara Baingan to make a wholesome and complete meal. The Paneer Biryani also makes an excellent lunch
- box idea or even a weeknight dinner.