An incredible easy and scrumptious chicken and lemon rice dish made in just one pot!
Time: 60 minutes
- Chicken on the bone 4
- Rice soaked 1 cup
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Lemon juice 4 tablespoons
- Fresh oregano chopped 1 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves chopped 4-5
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil 1½ tablespoons
- Onion finely chopped 1 small
- Chicken stock 1½ cups
- Fresh parsley sprigs for garnishing
- Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, garlic and salt in a bowl. Add chicken and mix well. Set aside for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add onion and sauté till translucent.
Add the rice, mix and sauté for two to three minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, mix and cook for a minute. Transfer in an oven proof dish.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add the chicken and sear till light brown from both sides.
- Arrange the seared chicken pieces on top of the rice. Cover with aluminium foil and place on a baking tray. Add water in the tray, put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for thirty to forty minutes or till all the liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve hot.