Sweet Potato Pie is an American recipe that you can easily prepare at home for your family and friends on occasions like birthday, kitty party, and even pot luck.
Time: 2h 10min
- 8 medium sweet potato
- 100 gm butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 4 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pie crust
- For Toppings
- 2 cup whipping cream
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- To start with, first we have to bake the sweet potatoes and for that pre-heat the oven at 175 degree Celsius.
- Now, put the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for at least an hour. Once done, let them cool at
- room temperature.
- Now, take a deep bowl and scrape the pulp out of the potatoes and remove the skin, and mash them. Now, take
- another bowl and add sugar, brown sugar along with butter in it and beat them until they are creamy in
- texture. Then, crack open the eggs in a different bowl and whisk well.
- Once the mixture is creamy, add the beaten eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and salt.
- Stir the mixture and add evaporated milk and also add sweet potatoes. Using an electric beater, beat the
- mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
- Take a pie shell and pour the mixture into it and bake in the oven for at least an hour until the pie is firm. Once
- done, the pie is ready to be served immediately.