Sabudana Upma is a delicious South Indian recipe that can be cooked within 30 minutes for a quick, healthy breakfast in Navratri.
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cup sago
- 8 curry leaves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- sendha namak as required
- 4 potato
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon roasted peanuts
- 3 green chilli
- 1 lemon
- Lightly roast sago/sabudana in a non-stick pan on medium flame and make sure the colour of the sabudana
- does not change. Remove the sago and soak in a deep-bottomed pan for approximately 5 hours. (It should be
- completely submerged in the water.)
- After 5 hours you will find the sabudana to be swelled up and all the water would has been absorbed.
- Take the potatoes and boil them in a deep bottomed pan, chop them into small pieces. In the meanwhile, grind
- the peanuts in a grinder. Chop the ginger and green chillies into small pieces.
- Now, take a skillet and heat one tablespoon oil in it. Add curry leaves and ginger. Next, add green chillies,
- sendha namak and sabudana to the skillet. Stir well and cook for approx 5 minutes.
- Once done, sprinkle the ground peanuts and potatoes into the skillet. Combine everything well, squeeze some
- lemon and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.