Sabudana Thalipeeth is a delectable Maharashtrian recipe, which is ideally suited for festivals like Navratri and vrat, though you can make it for breakfast also in daily use.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup sago
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon green chilli
- 2 teaspoon powdered roasted peanuts
- 1 potato
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- water as required
- Wash and soak sabudana in enough water for 30 minutes. Then after half hour drain excess water, cover and
- keep it overnight. In the morning, add few splashes of water in the soaked sago, cover it and then keep it for an
- hour. Meanwhile, take a pan and add enough water to cover a potato in it. Boil the potatoes until they get
- tender. Once done, peel and mash them, and keep aside.
- Mix green chilies paste and cumin seeds and make a coarse paste. Now mix soaked soaked sabudana, chili-
- cumin paste, coriander leaves, salt, roasted peanut powder, boiled potato together and prepare a soft dough.
- Take any plastic film, make a small ball from the dough, sprinkle few drops of water on plastic film, place the
- dough and just press it in round shape by hand.
- Heat a pan on medium high flame, melt some butter in it and place the prepared thalipeeth and roast till it gets
- nice golden color from both the sides. Serve hot!