Peanut Chikki is a very popular sweet dish recipe among the South Indians made during festivals like Diwali, Navratri and other auspicious occasions.
Time: 25 minutes
- 500 gm roasted peanuts
- 10 black cardamom
- 500 gm powdered jaggery
- If you are using raw peanuts, then dry roast them in a frying pan for 5 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Once cooled, gently rub them to remove the skins.
- Heat a little water in a heavy-bottomed pan. Add the jaggery and stir until fully dissolved.
- Simmer for a few minutes until small bubbles start appearing and it becomes thick. Reduce flame to low.
- Add the peanuts and cardamoms. Remove from flame and allow to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, make small balls and keep them on a greased plate to cool down. Store them in an
- airtight container.
- Stays good for 10 to 15 days.