Mutton Gravy is a delicious main dish recipe that you can cook for your family and friends on special occasions and festivals.
Time: 30 minutes
- 500 gm mutton
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 tomato
- 2 chopped into cubes potato
- 3 tablespoon meat masala
- salt as required
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large onion
- 12 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 cup refined oil
- 1 bay leaf
- water as required
- For Marination
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- For Garnishing
- 4 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Take a small bowl and mix together curd, salt, turmeric, ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, and coriander
- powder. Now, marinate the mutton with this paste for about two hours.
- Put a pan on medium flame and pat oil in it. When the oil is hot enough, deep fry the potatoes and keep aside.
- Peel the onions, ginger and garlic, and roughly chop them in a grinder jar along with tomatoes. Grind them to
- a fine puree and transfer to a bowl. Keep this bowl aside.
- Now, put a pressure cooker on medium flame and heat mustard oil in it. When the oil is hot enough, add sugar
- and red chilli powder. Saute for a few seconds and add the marinated mutton pieces and bay leaf in the
- Add salt, turmeric and cook till oil separates from curd and the water dries up. Then, add meat masala in the
- mutton and cook well. Finally, add fried potatoes in the cooker and mix well along with the mutton pieces.
- Add water in the cooker and stir to mix well. Close the lid of the cooker and pressure cook the mutton for 2-3
- whistles. When done, let the steam release on its own and then sprinkle add garam masala over the cooked
- mutton and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot!