Mushroom Pulao is a North Indian main dish made with aromatic spices and basmati rice.
Time: 50 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped mushroom
- 3 tablespoon refined oil
- 1/2 cup shelled peas
- 2 black cardamom
- 4 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon wedges
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1 inches cinnamon
- 4 green cardamom
- 4 clove
- 3 tablespoon sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 cup butter
- Soak the mushrooms and basmati rice in water separately for 1 hour each. Drain and keep aside for few
- minutes. Cut the mushrooms in medium sized pieces.
- Now heat oil in a deep bottomed pan over the medium-high flame. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, add the whole
- spices and saute till they are fragrant. Keep stirring in between so that the spices don’t get burnt.
- Once the raw flavor of the spices is gone, add onions and saute till they are pinkish. Once they turn slighly
- translucent, add ginger garlic paste and cook for about 3 minutes of moderate flame. Once the masala mix
- starts drying up, add mushrooms, rice, and peas and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add 3 cups water, butter, salt and juice of half a lemon. Once the water reaches the boiling point, reduce the
- flame and cook covered for 15-20 minutes or till entire water is absorbed. After 15 minutes, keep checking
- every 3-4 minutes if the rice is done.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove from fire and leave uncovered for 10 minutes. This will stop the cooking
- process otherwise the rice would turn soggy. Once it is fully cooked, transfer the mushroom pulao in a serving
- bowl and serve hot with raita of your choice.