Mushroom Manchurian is a delicious Chinese recipe which is prepared with mushrooms, green chilli and onion.
Time: 50 minutes
- 200 gm mushroom
- 1 1/3 teaspoon red chilli sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- black pepper as required
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic paste
- salt as required
- 1 1/2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/3 cup capsicum (green pepper)
- 1 green chilli
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon corn flour
- For Garnishing
- 2 tablespoon spring onions
- First, wash the mushrooms under running water and place them over a chopping board. Cut them into halves
- and keep them aside. Now, finely chop ginger, garlic, green chilli, onions, capsicums and spring onions.
- Place a frying pan over medium flame and pour 1 cup oil in it. On the other hand, take a bowl and add all
- purpose flour, corn flour, salt, black pepper, ginger and garlic paste in it. Add water and mix all of them well.
- Once the batter is ready, dip the mushrooms in the batter and add them into the pan, once the oil is heated.
- Deep fry them until golden brown in colour.
- Next, place a frying pan over medium flame and pour remaining quantity of oil in it. Once the oil is heated, add
- chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli. Stir them for few seconds.
- Now, add chopped onions and capsicums in the pan and cook the mixture until tender. Sprinkle salt, black
- pepper and red chilli flakes and mix well. Then add soy sauce, tomato ketchup, red chilli sauce and vinegar. Stir
- the mixture well. Cook until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Turn the flame off and let the mixture cool for a few minutes. Once cooled, add fried mushrooms and mix well.
- Garnish the dish with spring onions. Serve!