Laddoo is a dessert, which is often associated with festivals and special occasions. Of all the laddoos, Motichoor Laddoo is the one that you can easily find in all the sweet shops and is loved by everyone.
Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon edible food color
- 1/2 litre milk
- 3 cup ghee
- 1 pinch baking soda
- For The Main Dish
- 3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 cup water
- 3 cup ghee
- To prepare this quick motichoor laddoo recipe, begin with making the sugar syrup. Heat water in a large pan
- over medium flame.
- Add sugar and stir until fully dissolved. Bring it to a boil. Add milk to it and let it simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the sugar syrup attains two string consistency, then, add cardamom powder and orange food colour. Stir
- well and keep aside.
- Now, in a large bowl mix besan flour and milk until smooth. Add baking soda to it and mix well.
- Heat ghee in a large deep frying pan.
- Place a perforated ladle on top of the oil and add some of the batter. If you want your laddoos to be more
- delicious prepare the boondis in ghee. It will accentuate the taste and aroma of the laddoo.
- Allow them to fall into the hot oil and cook until golden and soft. Place them on a tissue to remove excess oil.
- Mix them in the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Allow them to cool slightly and shape them into small/medium laddoos.
- Serve or store them in an airtight container.