Masala Pav is a classic Mumbai street food.A masaledar combination of onion, tomato, green pepper and spread of Pav or bread and then lightly roasted on skillet to let all flavors get incorporated in bread. Tastes just awesome.
Time: 25 minutes
- Pav Buns as needed
- Oil – 1 tblspn
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Butter – as needed
- Onion – 1 large chopped finely
- Capsicum – 1/2 chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tblspn
- Tomatoes – 4 chopped finely
- Pav Bhaji Masala Powder – 1 tblspn as needed
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves finely chopped as needed
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Water as needed
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and let it sizzle.
- Add in onions and fry till golden.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Now add in capsicum and tomatoes and cook for 6 to 7 mins.
- Add in pav bhaji masala and chilli powder, salt and mix well. COok for few mins.
- Add in water and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 5 mins or so.
- Now add in lemon juice and coriander leaves and mix well. Remove this to a bowl.
- Now in the same pan, melt some butter, spoon some bhaji in and set aside in the pan, in other side place slit pavbuns and toast them. Now spoon some masala inside the
- buns and top of it.
- Remove it to a plate and sprinkle onions, coriander leaves. Serve with extra butter and lemon wedges.