Macchi Koliwada is a Maharashtrian recipe. Ideal for occasions like birthdays,dates and anniversaries, this fish recipe is made with fish fillets, gram flour and a melange of Indian spices.
Time: 50 minutes
- 250 gm fish fillets
- 1/4 gm ginger paste
- 1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed to paste red chilli
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chilli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1/4 gm garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup refined oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine lemon juice, salt, ginger garlic paste and pepper powder in a bowl. Marinate the fish fillets for 20
- In another bowl, combine all the other ingredients except oil and water. Gently add water to make a batter of
- coating consistency.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over moderate flame. Dip the fish fillets in the batter and deep-fry until crisp and
- golden brown. Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney of choice.