A fulfilling & satisfying curry made with black eyed beans.
- 2 cups black eyed kidney beans
- 2 cups grated onions
- 1 tsp each, ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 cups grated tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp powdered coriander seeds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Cook beans till tender but bite like.
- Strain and keep the liquid and the beans separate.
- Heat oil, and add cumin and bay leaves.
- When the cumin splutters, add onions, garlic and ginger.
- Stir-fry till onions are well fried, and fat separates.
- Then add tomatoes and stir fry till fat separates once again.
- Add salt, turmeric, coriander and chilli powder and turn around a till well mixed.
- Add the beans and green chillies and turn around a few times over high heat.
- Measure the liquid, make it upto 4 cups with water and add to the beans and bring to a boil and then simmer, till the gravy is well blended, and not watery (approximately 10 minutes)