Summers are incomplete without litchi and that is why we have litchi sorbet to beat the heat. You can also add a little twist to it by adding vodka.
Time: 30 minutes
- 500g of fresh litchi
- 100g of caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 lime for lime juice
- Put the litchi in a pan with the water and sugar, and bring to a boil. Mix well, making sure the sugar has
- dissolved fully. Then allow it to cool.
- When the compote has cooled, deseed the litchis and keep aside the syrup.
- Mix the litchi flesh with the sugar syrup and blend in the lime juice. Chuck them into the food processor and
- blitz until everything is chopped and of even consistency. Then if you like, press everything through a sieve for
- extra smoothness.
- Freeze the mixture until solid.
- Once solid, smash up the sorbet and churn again for 5-10 minutes. Freeze overnight and then serve.
- Note: You may if you like, add a dash of vodka, for an alcohol-laced sorbet.