Kali Mirch Chicken is a delightful North Indian recipe, which is a must try for all the non-vegetarian lovers.
Time: 50 minutes
- 500 gm rinsed chicken
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3/4 teaspoon powdered black pepper
- 3 tablespoon refined oil
- 4 clove
- 2 finely chopped onion
- salt as required
- 2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 crushed lightly green cardamom
- 2 inches cinnamon stick
- 1 handful finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 bay leaf
- For Marination
- 1/4 cup hung curd
- For Garnishing
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- To prepare this mouth-watering recipe, marinate the chicken with curd, salt, turmeric powder and 1/4 teaspoon
- of black pepper powder. Keep it aside for 1 hour. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Next, heat oil in a pan and add bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and fry them over medium flame for 5
- Add mint leaves and saute well. Add the chopped onions and stir till they turn golden brown in color. After
- that, add the ginger-garlic paste and stir till the ingredients mix well.
- Next, add the marinated chicken to the pan and stir. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a medium flame till
- the chicken becomes soft and starts releasing moisture.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add garam masala and rest of the black pepper and stir well. Garnish it with
- coriander leaves. Your Kali Mirch Chicken is ready. You can serve this mouth-watering recipe with pulao and