Chinese cuisine is famous for its amazing sauces. Homemade Schezwan Sauce is one such sauce recipe which you can prepare easily at home with readily available ingredients in the kitchen.
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 small finely chopped tomato
- 20 red chilli
- 6 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoon soy sauce
- water as required
- 1 bunch finely chopped spring onion leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped garlic
- 100 ml sesame oil
- 6 pinches salt
- 3 teaspoon lemon juice
- To make this delicious Schezwan Sauce recipe, soak the red chillies in a pan of water for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Once it is properly soaked, drain well and grind the red chillies to a fine paste. Add little water while grinding
- so that the paste is not too thick.
- Now add sesame oil in a pan and heat it over medium flame. Once the oil is sufficiently hot, add the finely
- chopped garlic and grated ginger. Saute these ingredients on medium flame until the raw smell is gone. Garlic
- adds a piquant aroma and flavour to the sauce. If you’re fond of garlic then you can add more as per your taste
- Then reduce flame to low and add the red chilli paste. Simmer the mixture over medium flame for a minute.
- Afterwards, add the finely chopped tomatoes and reduce flame to low again. You may also add little bit of oil if
- required. Cook the tomatoes for few minutes and once they are properly cooked, add the spring onion leaves
- and increase flame to medium. Add pepper powder, soy sauce and salt.
- When the oil starts to separate, switch off the flame. Add lemon juice and stir the sauce. Transfer the sauce in a
- bowl and allow it to cool. Store the Schezwan Sauce in a clean,airtight container. It stays good for up to 2
- weeks. This Schezwan Sauce recipe tastes best when paired with French Fried, Chicken Nuggets and more.