Homemade Chicken Risotto is an Italian recipe, made with chicken stock, chicken thighs, parmesan cheese and arborio rice.
Time: 50 minutes
- 10 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 4 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 40 gm butter
- 2 finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 500 gm chicken thighs
- 120 gm parmesan cheese
- Bring the stock just to the boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat and hold at a gentle simmer.
- Heat butter and 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy-based stockpot or large flameproof casserole dish over medium
- heat. Add the onion.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft and translucent but not coloured. Add the rice and 1 tablespoon of
- thyme. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the grains appear slightly glassy.
- Add the wine to the rice mixture and cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed. Add a ladleful (about
- 125ml/1/2 cup) of the simmering stock to the rice and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the liquid is
- Continue adding the stock mixture, a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the liquid to be
- absorbed before adding the next ladleful, for 20-30 minutes or until the rice is tender yet firm to the bite and
- the risotto is creamy.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until
- chicken just starts to brown. Add the garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken mixture, parmesan and remaining thyme to the risotto and combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to serve.