These grilled chicken skewers need to be at your next BBQ party.
Time: 2 hr 10 min
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 2 tsp capers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chicken Skewers:
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat removed, cut into ½-inch pieces
- Bamboo skewers, soaked overnight in water
- Place all marinade ingredients in the bowl of a blender or food processor fitted with a chopping blade and
- blend or pulse until smooth, about 45 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the meat to a large Ziploc bag or bowl and pour half of the marinade over the chicken, leaving the rest for
- dipping. Let marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a gas grill or cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Fill each skewer with chicken, making sure to tightly pack the meat, leaving a 2 or 3-inch exposed end for easier
- Place chicken skewers in a single layer on the hot grill pan and cook for about 5 minutes on each side until the
- internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- Serve the skewers with a drizzle of marinade over a bed of hummus or labneh, seasoned with olive oil, zaatar,
- flaked sea salt and pomegranate seeds.