This non-vegetarian recipe is a recipe of the past and is so yummy that you’ll be licking your own fingers.
Time: 45 minutes
- 4 chicken legs
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoon grated coconut
- 3 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 100 gm finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 100 ml refined oil
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped,peeled ginger
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- In a blender, put black pepper, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and grated coconut. Add little water to it and grind to
- a smooth paste. Now heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Saute the onions till they turn slightly pinkish in hue. Add the curry leaves and ginger together and reduce the
- flame to low. Cook for about 30 to 60 seconds or till fragrant. Then add red chilli powder and salt. Stir well.
- Now add chicken pieces and the ground masala paste. Pour 750 to 800 ml of water. Stir well and simmer until
- the chicken is cooked and coated nicely with the masala. Once done, transfer the dish in a serving bowl and
- serve with rice or chapati. You can also garnish this chicken recipe with fresh coriander leaves.